Courtesy of –GMANews.TV
As of 6 a.m. Monday [Sept. 28], the National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) said a total of 86 people have died while 32 others were reported missing due to tropical storm “Ondoy” which hit Metro Manila and the provinces of Bulanca and Rizal.
The NDCC report said the Armed Forces has dispatched M35 trucks to haul relief goods for relief distribution in Marikina City.
Also, 15 personnel from the SBMA (Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority) Fire Department and SWAT (IED) proceeded to the PNRC (Philippine National Red Cross) national headquarters in Manila to augment rescue operations in the flooded areas in Metro Manila with one (1) rescue van, one (1) rubber boat and two (2) dump trucks.
A US contingent composed of 1 officer and 17 enlisted personnel with night capability equipment, 2 rubber boats and chopper rescuded six persons from Ever Gotesco, Cainta and distributed two hundred packs of assorted goods to affected families.
The following is a rundown of figures from the NDCC report.
Breakdown of casualties:
* NCR – 7 (3 in Muntinlupa, 2 in NIA Road, QC, 1 Marikina City, 1 in Brgy. Bato, San Juan)
* CAR – 1 (Kabugao, Apayao)
* Region III – 22 (10 in Bulacan and 12 in Arayat, Pampanga)
* Region IV-A – 56 (1 in Calaca, Batangas, 1 in Calauag Quezon; 23 in Tanay, Rizal; 10 in Angono; 5 in Baras; 3 in Montalban; 2 in Cavite; 5 in Laguna; and 1 in Theresa and 5 military personnel)
1 in Kabayan, Benguet; 20 in Tanay, Rizal; 9 in Infante, Pangasinan and 2 in Arayat, Pampanga
1 in Sta. Cruz, Laguna; 1 in Cavite; and 3 in Kabayan, Benguet
* Affected Population: 86, 313 families / 435, 646 people
* Partial total of Evacuees: 23, 126 families / 115,898 people in 204 evacuation centers
Cost of damage: Total P60.5M (infrastructure – P41M; schools P19. M and
agriculture – P0.212 M)
Total number of persons rescued: 7,908
No. of assets deployed:
* 12 ambulances
* 33 M35 trucks
* 59 rubber boats
* 112 other vehicles
* 6 officers
* 5 companies
* 137 enlisted personnel
* 13 platoons
* 20 US servicemen
* 2 US watercraft
* 1 US chopper
* 8 island cruise
Advanced Command Posts (ACP) around Metro Manila
* Katipunan Avenue corner Aurora Blvd.
Overall commander: Hon. Mayor Marides Fernando
Incident Commanders: Robert Nacianceno and Ramon Santiago of MMDA
Tel Nos: 0917 322 1951 and 0920 938 9914
* Alpha base 8th floor, Pasig City Hall
Overall commander: Mayor Roberto Eusebio
Tel No: 643 0000
* Club house, City Hall of Cainta City
Overall commander: Mayor Ramon Ilagan
Tel Nos: 0927 220 4744 and 665 0846
* Department of Public Order, Safety Hall, QC
Overall commander: Mayor Sonny Belmonte
Incident Commander: Teresa Amarillo
Tel No: 0921 655 5262